Follow on Twitter @MooJuiceFree

Sunday 22 April 2012

Bake a Boo, West Hampstead

Visited a really cute little cake shop in West Hampstead yesterday afternoon. After a wicked week of rain, the sun and the the warmth it brought could't have been more welcoming. I'd researched Bake a Boo online and found that it served dairy free cakes & also afternoon tea. After a response-less email from them and many unanswered calls, I decided to just stop by and see what it was like.






The cake shop itself is quite cramped and it was a little too warm inside for my liking. It was definitely buzzing in there and noise levels were high. We weren't able to get a table for three, so we just ordered take away: dairy free pineapple & passion fruit cupcake, dairy free lemon cupcake, dairy free raspberry cupcake and dairy free apple & date cake. 






Cakes were okay, I've tasted better, the frosting on the cupcakes were really good, but the cake mixture itself was a bit dry and crumbly. The apple & date cake was quite heavy and had quite a bit of nutmeg - a little too much for my liking.


In all it was a pleasant trip out. Worth a try if you are passing by, but I wouldn't go out of my way to dine there again



No comments:

Post a Comment